Whether it’s a website development or setting up web stores, Magento is not a new word to developers. Magento is a powerful tool for improving your website’s appearance and functionality. Magento 2 multi-store, one of its four levels, is critical for streamlining admin users’ jobs. Additionally, it increases brand professionalism in customers’ eyes. If you’re still unsure about Magento 2 multi-store capabilities, don’t hesitate to read down for some incredibly-simple information.
What is Magento Multi-Store?
Magento uses the GWS terminology. GWS stands for the first letter of these words: Global, Website, Store. It describes how to set up many websites and stores within a single store. “Global” refers to the entire Magento installation. A website is a name for the domain you’re using. On the same website, multiple stores can exist.
Stores are where customers find their desired product catalogue. And multiple stores builts on a single domain or many domains. Magento 2 multi-store is very useful if you have a website with several product categories. You’ll need multiple stores to make it easier to present your products and target customers more precisely.
Advantages of Magento Multi-Stores
Magento’s multi-store functionality will make your management easier by delivering numerous advantages.
● Feature-rich and robust platform
Magento is a heavy platform that can respond to all of your needs. Regardless of the number of products or orders on your online store. It’s a platform that can handle hundreds of products and keep the store running smoothly. As a result, if you’ve been using Magento since the beginning, you won’t have to worry about performance as your store expands. It also allows you to configure filters, navigation conversion rates, and overall site speed.
● User experience
Customers can easily navigate your website because it is divided into numerous stores and with a set of features. You can see how buyers will be able to find their desired clothes based on their gender. You should design a site that is comprehensive to optimize consumer experiences.
● Easy administration
Admin users may easily manage customer accounts. Data from different repositories is shared efficiently. Customers who wish to buy shoes create an account when they log into the store. However, if they also want to buy shoes for their children, they can go to the children’s shoe store and begin shopping right away without having to log in because users already have an account with the shoe store, which they can share across all of the shoe website’s stores.
● Effortless multi-store management
Website management becomes considerably simple. A central panel will allow you to alter the theme and disable extensions. Each shop can have its personality. Effortless website operations allow advanced marketing promotions and tools to its developers. As Magento is SEO friendly, it also provides this feature to the multi-store setup. You can manage store-specific inventory and all of your stores from a single admin. Not only that, but each store will have its catalogue and category structure to handle.
Points to consider before setting up Magento 2 Multi-Store Development
Before using the Magento 2 multi-store customization, think about a few things to get the most out of it.
1. Restrictions on SSL certificates
An SSL certificate can only service one domain and one IP address, as you may know. As a result, you must use the following techniques to add SSL to several domain names:
2. Wildcard SSL certificate
A single SSL Wildcard certificate has a wildcard character (*) in the domain name field. It enables the certificate to protect many subdomain names (hosts) under the same base domain.
3. Certification of Subject Alternative Name (SAN)
This SAN can greatly benefit stores created in various domains. A single certificate can make administration effortless and also save money.
4. Issues with the IP address and SEO
You may have heard that shared IP addresses damage your Magento 2 multi-store SEO score. Many case studies of Magento multi-store solutions have demonstrated this. Meanwhile, reproduced material is a big deal that harms SEO. If you utilize Magento multi-store recklessly, this problem is likely to occur. To address this issue, make sure that all of your on-page content is unique. It is to avoid copying situations and improves your website’s search engine rankings.
Problems with Multi-Store extension
There are many Magento multi-store plugins available on the market. However, you may find that the extension conflicts with one retailer while working perfectly with another. In truth, this problem can occur even if you only have one store, but the Magento multi-store setup can exacerbate it.
Steps to setup Magento 2 Multi-Store
- Developing “Categories” is the first step in this process. So other sites will use the same catalogue and default root category.
- Go to Catalog, choose Categories click Manage Categories.
- Develop a new category and activate it.
- Moving on to the next step, you have to build a new website after creating the category.
- Click “Create Website” in the store, then the All Stores section.
- Make a new store after finishing the website and selecting the root category.
- You must construct a store view after you have completed the website and store. Create a store view with all of the information.
- Go to the store then settings click general select web.
- From the top of the page, change the website.
- Now you must provide the website’s base URL and secure base URL.
- You must repeat these steps for each website you built and save the configuration for each one.
- Ensure that the chosen domain name points to the web server after configuring all domains.
- If you’ve created separate folders for each website, you’ll need to copy the index.php and access files from the root folder to the appropriate directories.
- You must adjust the path for the bootstrap file and run individual website code in each index file.
Conclusion: Magento’s multi-store capability is a must-have feature for store owners who want to boost product visibility. Magento Multi Websites allows you to manage several websites from a single Magento admin. It’s also simple to create if Magento or Extensions are updated and only have to update it once.
Ashley Brown is a professional Magento 2 developer at a leading Magento 2 development company, Agento Support. She has 5+ years of experience in the industry and specializes in building robust Magento stores for global clients. She is also an ardent blogger who loves writing informative blogs and experimenting with different techniques in Magento eCommerce development.